Most of us will experience pain in our life time. Others, like me, will live with chronic pain. The way I see it, we have two choices – 1) Crawl into bed, pull the covers over your head and stay there until your pity party is over. 2) Decide to live in God’s grace and be an overcomer despite the pain. Afterall, God has great plans for you! – Romans 8:28
Is there value in walking through painful circumstances? I have learned the answer is YES! Here are a few reasons why:
- We can learn to trust God – Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6
- We can learn to obey God – Before I was afflicted I went astray, But now I keep Your word. Psalm 119:67
- We can learn more about who God is – God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1
- We can become more mature in our faith – But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. James 1:4
- We can be a blessing to others – Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 3-4
Pain is real, but so is Hope.
Thank you, Lord, you are a present help in our afflictions.
Join the conversation – If you enjoyed this post, why not subscribe and recommend my site to other broken people! I appreciate your comments – Do you think there is value in painful circumstances?
Thanks for Sharing! Follow me on Twitter: @Maureen_Hager
Like my Facebook Page: Maureen Hager – Out of the Brokenness
View my Pinterest Boards: Maureen Hager
Love and Blessings,